Use the following instructions to reset the toner counter for the Brother MFC9970CDW and MFC9460CDN that take the TN340 and TN348 series toners.
- Turn off the printer and open the front cover.
- Then turn the printer on.
- The printer will display either “Cover is open” or “Close cover”. Press the “1” key to display the Reset menu.
- Select the correct toner option to reset and select it.
- The printer will now show accepted on the LCD screen.
Brother use the following index
- Black is K, Magenta is M, Cyan is C and Yellow is Y
- TNR = toner
- STR = starter cartridge (the toner cartridges that came with your printer)
- STD = standard toner or TN340
- HY = high yield toner or TN348
IE to reset the TN340K (Black) toner counter you need to select K.TNR.STD.