Rockstock is a high quality, coated paper made from stone with outstanding environmental values. Rockstock's unique properties makes it suitable for a wide variety of purposes.
Rockstock is made from waste from the building industry. Off cuts and waste stone rock, marble and tiles are ground to recover Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3)that forms 80.9% of Rockstock RPD Paper.
It can be used in most situations where conventional and synthetic paper is used and offers exceptional printing, water proofing and tear resistant qualities. Rockstock claims to be the world's most environmentally friendly paper.
- It is manufactured from ground down waste stone and offcuts used in the building industry. It contains no wood fibre.
- Rockstock has a low carbon emission
- It uses significantly less energy to produce than wood fibre paper.
- It generates no effluent in its manufacture.(water borne, airborne or solid)
- It requires no water, acid, base or bleach during production.
- Any trimmings or waste paper from production are recycled to make new paper.
- It is both recyclable and photo-degradable (It is not bio-degradable as it dioes not attract insects or organisms to consume it.)
- Compostable (Commercial) where sufficient heat is present to leave only calcium carbonate.
- 2 main product ranges 1. S-Class (Sustainable Range) 2. R-Class (recycled range).
Sometimes confused with synthetic paper, Rockstock is neither synthetic nor pulp or fibre based and is termed "Rich Mineral Paper". Rockstock has qualities of both pulp and synthetic papers, but more importantly it is much more environmentaly friendly than either of the two. The printing qualities and exclusive feel make Rockstock a paper product not seen the likes of previously.
Due to its absorbency attributes, it has superior handling and printing qualities.
It is also water, mist, grease, anti-moth and insect proof*, freezer grade.
Not suitable for Laser Printers or Photocopiers where extremely high heat is generated as this may distort the sheet)
Rockstock prints extremely well using standard inks.(No special inks are required.)
Rockstock has superior printing values and is available in most sizes and weights of traditional, wood fibre papers. It is also:
- Strong and tear resistant - perfect for books, carry bags and uses where strength is an advantage.
- Won't crack or white line on folds - suitable for maps and brochures.
- Waterproof - great for maps, outdoor displays, golf score cards, envelopes, pads etc.
- Can be written on while wet
- Freezer Grade-Durable under very low temperatures - excellent for freezer food packaging.
- Moth and insect proof.
- Food grade - for food storage and packaging.(FDA approved)
We have loaded the most popular sizes in this range but can easily cut to any size requirements - Please contact us
- Annual Reports
- Corporate Comm (letterheads,business cards etc)
- Greeting Cards/Invitations
- Point of Sale
- Swing Tags
on 0800 080 4657
or email us.
To order samples simply email or call us.
All samples are available in A4 size, for special requests please contact us on 0800 080 4657.
All samples ordered before 2pm will be couriered to you, arriving the next business day in the North Island or the second business day for the South Island. For urgent samples please contact us.